This site is called Songs Tucker Wrote. The original premise was that I was going to post a demo a week of all the songs I'd written over the last 20 years (Good or Bad) and tell a quick story of how the song came to be. At the time I started the blog it was going to take about two years.
Since then I stopped sharing demos and:
- Released my first 5 song EP titled Born To The World.
- I started a monthly email and as a thank-you for people who signed up I made a free commentary edition of my EP.
- I wrote and learned how to self-publish a kids book called Going To The Zany Zoo based on my song of the same name
- I learned about Twitter and Facebook.
- I figured out how to make my own t-shirts.
- I worked with five artists to create Dream Jars for my song Girl All Alone.
- Just this month I sent out 12 toy cameras around the world to capture pictures for my song Born To The World.
All of this was in support of Songs Tucker Wrote but none of it helped the Songs Tucker Is Writing (which is none by the way). Songs where why I started doing all this in the first place.
It's time to get back to why.
At the perfect time comes a songwriting course by Pat Pattison of Berklee College of Music ( I learned about it through the Songwriters Association of Canada (S.A.C))
Over the next 6 weeks I'm going to write about the course and my journey back to why.
Do you know what your why is? Let me know over on Facebook.